Ocean Rig is an international offshore drilling contractor, providing oilfield services for offshore oil and gas exploration, development and production drilling. Ocean Rig specializes in the ultra-deep water and harsh environment segment of the offshore drilling industry. Our objective is to be the preferred drilling contractor in the ultra-deep drilling sector, supplying sophisticated and modern assets and unique engineering solutions, coupled with a motivated and highly competent workforce. The company owns and operates 13 offshore ultra deepwater drilling units, comprising of 2 ultra deepwater semisubmersible drilling rigs and 11 ultra deepwater drillships, 2 of which are scheduled to be delivered during 2018/2019
Ocean Rig is looking for an experienced and highly motivated HSE Advisor for our semi-submersible drilling rig Leiv Eiriksson, currently operating in the Barents Sea. .
The Offshore HSE Advisor's overall responsibilities and duties include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following;
- Familiarize themself with the QHSE elements contained within Ocean Rig’s Operating Management System (OMS) and carry out their work in accordance with the applicable procedures and instructions.
- Assist the offshore management team and the crew in effective implementation of the QHSE elements of the OMS onboard the Drilling Unit
- Verify that the OMS used onboard is efficient and adequate to achieve Ocean Rig’s HSE objectives.
- Be familiar with all relevant HSE requirements set out in the unit’s contract, and promote the implementation of them.
informed about all QHSE related aspects of the Drilling Unit operation and promptly inform the OIM of any problems.
- Promote and participate in toolbox talks and monitor their effectiveness
- Assist with co-ordination with response to audit findings to ensure timely satisfactory closeouts and ensured adequate records are kept in STAR IPS.
- Appraise and distribute Safety Notices received from Authorities, clients, Vendors and/or Ocean Rig and verify they are satisfactory adhered to onboard.
- Assist the offshore management team in implementing Ocean Rig’s “on-the-job” training program onboard
- Assess any need of further HSE related training for the crew and carry out in-house HSE training of personnel onboard.
- Assist the offshore management and crew in organizing and executing the required HSE meetings onboard in accordance with Ocean Rig procedures
- Liaise with Onboard Management in establishing the yearly Emergency Exercise and in-house training programs.
- Support the offshore management team in implementing Environmental management processes onboard including: inspections, training and procedure implementation
- Proactively identify areas for improving HSE management onboard the Drilling Unit
- Assist with preparation and execution of the weekly safety- and emergency preparedness drills onboard and upload drill reports
- Promote compliance with all established reporting procedures and routines
- Assist the offshore management team regarding Undesirable Event Reporting
- Actively participate in investigation of reported accidents/near-misses
- Overall responsible for the Non-Conformance reporting and follow-up system onboard
- Prepare monthly QHSE summary reports
- Promote and follow-up implementation of the yearly “HSE Program” for the rig
- Provide professional assistance to the crew in preparation of Task risk assessments and provide assurance to the OIM that all work being carried out onboard is being done so safely in line with OR polices and procedures.
- Verify adequate supply and use of safety equipment/PPE onboard
- Provide accurate Unit HSE Inductions to all new arrivals onboard.
- Carry out duties according to the Emergency Response Plan when needed.
- Provide training to crew members with regard to Emergency Response and other safety related subjects.
- Monitor and maintain all crew`s personal certification and training details
- Must have Bachelor/Masters degree in Risk/Safety Management or equivalent
- Must have a good knowledge of the English and Norwegian language, both oral and written
- Must have good comprehension of applicable regulations and standards
- Valid Offshore Survival Course, OLF or equivalent
- Valid Offshore Health/Medical Certificate
- HSE related offshore experience
- Drilling background is preferred
If you meet the above criteria and are ready to join Ocean Rig on the next step of this exciting voyage, please apply.