Ocean Rig's objective is to be the preferred drilling contractor in the ultra-deep drilling sector, supplying sophisticated and modern assets and unique engineering solutions. coupled with a motivated and highly competent workforce. The company owns and operates 13 offshore ultra deepwater drilling units, comprising of 2 ultra deepwater semisubmersible drilling rigs and 11 ultra deepwater drillships, 2 of which are scheduled to be delivered during 2018/2019
Ocean Rig is looking for an experienced Motorman for our semi-submersible drilling rig Leiv Eiriksson, currently operating in the Barents Sea. .
The Motorman reports to the Chief Engineer.
The Motorman’s overall responsibilities are, but are not necessarily limited to, the following;
- Carry out task assigned in a safe and efficient manner.
- Familiarize himself with all equipment and machinery spaces within his area of responsibility, carrying out efficient machinery watch keepin and maintenance as per Planned Maintenance.
- Complete Daily Lubrication oil, chemical stock and Fresh water maker log ensuring all information is comprehensive and accurately recorded
- Keep the on duty OICEW informed as to status of machinery. Assisting the Chief Engineer and/or First Assistant Engineer as instructed.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness is maintained throughout the machinery spaces.
- Respond to alarms on the engine alarm panel as required, logging all alarms and action taken.
- Monitor prime movers and associate machinery.
- Be familiar with the location and operation of all ventilation and fire-fighting equipment onboard the unit.
- Checking and maintaining oil, water and fuel levels of all mechanical equipment within machinery spaces
- Stop and start machinery as instructed by the on duty Engine Control Room Operator.
- Participate in safety meetings and safety drills held onboard
- Fufill the role on the emergency team as assigned and as per the units at all times applicable Station Bill, and the requirements following the given task.
- Experience in a similar position onboard a semi-submersible drilling unit
- Experience from DP vessels
Qualifications and certification:
- Certificate of Competency as Motorman
- Minimum STCW III/4
- Valid Basic Safety Training - OLF-approved
- Valid Offshore Medical Certificate
- Fast Rescue Craft course (STCW or Norwegian Oil & Gas)
- Slnger and rigger cert.
- As an international operator it is essential that applicants are fluent in English, both verbal and written